Thursday, June 24, 2010

Installing TweetDeck on Ubuntu 10.04

                Iam really impressed about the new Ubuntu 10.04. Installing Ubuntu Linux in my HP nx7300 laptop was a really thrilling challenge for me. I did it by myself and im using Ubuntu for my developing purposes (esp Rails). 
As im active in Twitter and i used TweetDeck in Windows 7, i was struggling to find an application that work same like as TweetDeck.. With little bit googling i find a perfect solution to install TweetDeck to Ubuntu Linux. So im prefering to share with my readers through my blog.

Follow the steps to Install Adobe Air and TweetDeck in your Ubuntu Linux.
 Installing Adobe Air On Ubuntu

1.Download the latest version of Adobe Air for Linux from the url given below:
Get Adobe Air.
2.After Downloading place the file named AdobeAIRinstaller.bin in a any newly created folder by you.
3. Right click on the file AdobeAIRinstaller.bin and select properties, now click the permissions tab and check the box which says Allow executing file as program.
4.Copy the file adobeair_linux_al_033108.bin in home folder in ubuntu.

5. now, open terminal and type the following command

chmod +x adobeair_linux_a1_033108.bin


Type this command now to run it to get installed

sudo ./adobeair_linux_a1_033108.bin


This will install adobe air on your Ubuntu Linux, now you can download any adobe air applications including tweetdeck. 

Installing TweetDeck On Ubuntu

After Installation of Adobe Air, downlaod tweetdeck from the url below, double click to install it
Download latest Version of tweetdeck from http://tweetdeck.com
Enjoy TweetDeck and Happy Tweeting guys...


1 comment:

  1. Hi. I've been doing some reading about installing Adobe AIR in Ubuntu 10.04 and it led me to your blog.

    I just want to ask if the Adobe AIR Uninstaller appears on your Applications > Accessories menu.

    Other user documentations seem to show screenshots have the AIR Uninstaller but I don't see that anywhere in Lucid.

    Your post helped a lot with me installing TweetDeck on my machine. =]

    ReplyDelete